Develop a metallic modular polyhedron, understand the mechanical properties of different materials and the constraints of the fabrication process, explore the mutual design benefit between the aesthetic value and tectonic value.
1. Use no more than three materials to develop a metallic polyhedron with a diameter around 10”.
2. Use interlocking joints to explore the beauty of the structure.
3. Bolts, rivets, brackets and hinges are permitted and can be part of design.
4. No adhesive, welding, soldering for the final model.
5. Aesthetic value should be aligned with its structural value.
6. Use design to work around the constrains to achieve a higher level of craftsmanship.